Mike and Caroline Miller
Serving in Greece
According to mission research websites like JoshuaProject.net, Greece has a population of about 10.5 million people with about half of one percent (.5%) considered to be evangelical believers. To put this in perspective, Iran has more than twice as many evangelical believers at 1.2.%
Planting churches is one way to be an effective, long term, evangelistic presence in Greece.
Mike and Caroline partner with and support the church planting initiatives of the First Greek Evangelical Church in Athens.
Specifically, they have been tasked by their Greek partners with supporting a church plant in Agia Paraskevi, a community about 6 miles NE of Athens city center. In August of 2018 they moved to Agia Paraskevi from Charleston SC and rented an apartment a few blocks from the church plant.
Currently Mike preaches about twice a month and together, Mike and Caroline help accompany the worship with flute and guitar each Sunday.
They also lead Bible studies for area college students, help teach Greek to ministry type folks, and are involved in facilitating seminars for the community on a monthly basis to build relationships and trust between the church and the community.
To learn more about Mike and Caroline, and the work they are doing, please visit their website at www.millersingreece.org.
1. This summer will be super busy with groups visiting. When churches want to visit I always encourage a vision trip as opposed to a service trip. Pray with us that as groups come this summer, the Spirit would make clear to them how they can help given the gifting of their particular church. Sometimes it takes two or three vision trips to really see where they can to plug in. Then, the service trips can begin.
2. Caroline and I are quickly becoming empty nesters. Our daughter Ella has one more year with us before college in the States. Pray for Silas (24, working in the US), Jared (22, just graduated College of Charleston and looking for something in communication in the US), and Ella (17, wants to go to Northeastern in Boston to study communication). Please ask God to direct their paths in such a way as to always point to his working in their lives.
3. Continued language learning
CHURCH PLANT IN AGIA PARASKEVI
- Pray for a Greek pastor—they are in short supply.
- Pray for the Millers as they help with preaching, music, and children’s ministry.
- Pray as they help the Greek Evangelical Church plant new churches.
CHURCH PLANT IN PANGRATI
- Pray for this new church plant that was started in 2021 after months of planning, vision casting and prayer walks.
- Pray for continued community building through game nights and the church community library.
- Pray for the church plant as they fundraise 250,000 euros to purchase a space that will allow them to establish a permanent presence in the community.
- They are honored to have one of the first, if not the only, deaf evangelical believers in Greece. Ilias came to Christ through the ministry of Pangrati church last year. They are starting to have Greek Sign Language Classes on Wednesday evenings. Pray for this opportunity to make new relationships in the community.
- The Pangrati Center will be having an art exhibit June 25-27th where local artists will be displaying and selling their artwork. Pray for this great opportunity to be a light in the community.