Your Child’s Safety
The safety of your children is a priority to us. All children are checked in at the beginning and end of Christian education classes through an online check-in system and nursery aged children and parents receive corresponding identification labels to ensure their safety. Additionally, we require all of our volunteers to go through Pennsylvania’s mandatory background checks, additional training, and Session approval.
Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, under the authority of church leadership, and in partnership with parents, we will faithfully teach the gospel and demonstrate the love of Christ to all children so that they will become disciples of Christ who trust, serve, worship, and obey Him now and into eternity to the glory of God the Father.
Health & Safety Ministry Update
With the continued gathering limitations, social distancing, and masking guidelines for our city and county, Children’s Ministry and Nursery will be reopening in phases as it is safe to do so and in accordance with CDC, PDH, and ACHD guidelines. We have reopened Children’s Church during both worship services for children ages 4-7 years old. We hope to be able to see more and more faces as we prepare to resume in-person Nursery and Children’s Christian Education classes again in the near future. In the meantime, we continue to find creative and meaningful ways to connect with our families and come alongside parents in the discipleship of their children during our reopening phase.
- Children’s Church - has reopened for children ages 4-7 years old during the 9am and 11am worship services. Please read our Children’s Ministry Heath & Safety Policy HERE. This policy also includes COVID-19 Procedures for reopening Children’s Church.
- Children’s Bible Lesson - With Children’s Church reopening we are no longer providing pre-recorded Children’s Bible Lessons as part of our pre-service livestream. These lessons are at the every start of each recorded livestream service (8/30/20 - 4/25/21) and can be accessed for viewing (or re-viewing!) on City Reformed’s YouTube account HERE.
- Family Fun Days - Check out the Events Calendar for upcoming opportunities to safely gather our families together for fun and fellowship.
- Toddler Story Time - Every Friday morning at 10am via Zoom with Miss Becki. These will conclude on May 30, 2021.
- Toddler Activity Bible Lessons - Pre-recorded read alouds and Bible activity lessons are emailed every Friday after our Toddler Story Time to parents of toddler and preschoolers.
- Volunteer Babysitting - Serve and Connect with our Church Families
PARENTS, contact Becki to get connected with babysitters. We have volunteers who are eager to serve your family! Reach out to make time for a cup of coffee, a trip to the store, or even schedule a date night! These requests are not intended for long-term childcare needs.
VOLUNTEERS: If you are able to volunteer your time to serve a family with childcare needs, please complete and submit this Volunteer to Babysit form.
We provide an infant nursery (0-18 months) during Christian Education classes (Sept-April), 9-10am. We also provide an infant nursery (0-18 months) and toddler nursery (18 months - 3 years) during the 10:15am morning worship service.
Children's Sunday School
We offer children’s classes for toddler to fifth grade during the Sunday School hour from September-April. Classes include Bible lessons, songs and crafts that are age-specific.
Children ages 4-7 are invited to continue their worship through song, Bible reading, and response time during the sermon. They learn about the elements of worship in an age-specific way as they prepare to fully participate in the worship service. Children are welcome to remain in the service with their parents.