Serving in Huntingdon, PA
My name is Adrienne Willhoft and I was a member of City Reformed from 2013-2017, having moved to Pittsburgh when I began working for the CCO. I live now in Huntingdon, PA where I serve full-time at Juniata College as a campus minister. I spend my time discipling students, leading Bible studies and fellowship groups. When not at work you can find me doing almost any outdoor activity, drinking good coffee, and cooking creative and delicious food!
My ministry at Juniata College is varied and includes involvement in these areas:
- JCF: While not in an official partnership as described above, I work out of the Campus Ministry Office at Juniata and have an officially recognized position on campus, which is a gift! One of main pieces of my role is working with JCF (Juniata Christian Fellowship). JCF is a student group that meets weekly for fellowship, Bible studies and conversations about faith, and other activities.
- Student Discipleship: I also help support other students on campus leading Bible studies or faith-centered groups, and meet one-on-one with a number of different students for discipleship or mentoring.
- Basketball: This year I will be assisting with the women’s basketball team on campus for my second season. I was really grateful for the opportunity to join last year, build relationships with coaches and players, and help support the team with some of the experience I have with group dynamics, navigating conflict, teambuilding, and leadership development.
- Staff Care & Formation: Lastly, within the CCO more broadly I am excited to continue pursuing spaces this year to support our staff with spiritual formation opportunities and training.
Updated prayers and praises:
1. We took 25 students to the Jubilee conference from Juniata College. It was very full, of course, but a good weekend overall! Some of our students are not believers and some not sure where they are or pretty new or young so please pray for seeds that were planted to keep growing. The “Jubilee high" can be a real thing and so many of my conversations now are how to take something you learned and apply it back here in the everyday to continue to grow and learn from it.
2. I am leading three Lenten small groups around the book A Just Passion and engaging with spiritual practices - one with students and two for CCO staff. Pray for good fellowship, conversations, and growth - and for staff in particular that the space would be encouraging.
3. I am leading a three-week CCO trip this May that was originally supposed to be to Peru but because of the current unstable political situation there we have had to shift the trip to Guatemala. Pray for us as we pivot and put together the pieces for a new trip in a whole new country - including needing to raise some additional funds. And pray for the students as they raise their own funds and start preparing physically!