The Jones Family
Serving in Zimbabwe
Craig and Mell Jones and their boys are all native born Zimbabweans. Craig is an ordained pastor and began his ministry in 2000, teaching at the Theological College of Zimbabwe. For the last 8 years he has been the chaplain of Petra College (a local Christian school). He recently completed that in December, so as to be in full-time ministry training leaders of the growing Zimbabwe Presbytery as well as assisting in preaching responsibilities. Mell does volunteer work with orphans and helps to coordinate mission trips when visitors come from overseas. She is also currently helping to raise funds to build an indoor horse arena for a nonprofit in Bulawayo that does Therapeutic riding for children with disabilities. They both attend City Presbyterian church in Bulawayo.
1. Pray for good rain in strategic areas to fill supply water sources
2. Please pray for the nation of Zimbabwe and its people, that they would seek the Lord in a very dark time especially as elections approach.
3. Pray for energy for the Jones family, as we seek to love family (both blood and church) through the busy festive season, specifically that it would be very fruitful for the gospel.
4. Pray for Craig as he carries a heavy preaching load and that the Lord would continue to direct his steps!
5. Pray that the good news of Jesus will be spread far and wide as we all shine in our corners of the world!
6. Pray for Brett as he continues to study and swim competitively at Ambrose University/Iowa.
7. Praise that Dean has finished his secondary school exams. Pray for patience and discernment as he hears from college/universities (expected in March). Pray for diligence as he completes his last year of secondary school.
8. Please pray for the Lords provision - especially in our local church and the very poor and vulnerable people in our nation. We are once again watching our nation slip into very quick and hard economic decline.