The Warren Family
Serving with Mission to the World in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Andy and Bev Warren began their missionary service with Mission to the World in 1982 and have ministered in Kenya, Hungary and Ethiopia. They have four adult children, Hannah. Cooper, Asher and Christopher. Since 1996 Andy and Bev have served in Ethiopia where Andy leads MTW’s mercy ministry team. In 2002, through a partnership with SIM Ethiopia, they started the AIDS Care and Treatment Project (ACT) in Addis Ababa. The team works with the poorest residents of Addis Ababa, caring for their medical needs, making sure their children are fed and sent to school, planting churches and discipling believers in the community. Over the last 18 years the project has served more than 1,700 families in five slum communities and planted one church. Bev’s ministry, besides providing hospitality for visiting teams and running a busy household, has also focused on helping families become self-supporting through business skills training, savings programs and small grants.
Our vision is to reduce the impact of poverty and disease on the most vulnerable people of Addis Ababa, to plant gospel-centered churches and to see communities transformed.
· For Andy as Bev as they work with the ACT team from the US with periodic trips to Ethiopia. The most recent trip by Andy was May 27-June 8th – praise for a fruitful trip.
· Pray for newly elected Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed as he leads the country.
· For ongoing civil war: for peace negotiations and protection for the vulnerable.
· Pray for the ACT local staff as they partner with the government to assist with displaced people due to the civil unrest and needs due to inflation.
· Pray for the ACT nurses and patient advocates as they visit and oversee the care of the beneficiaries.
· Pray for the health, social and spiritual well-being of the beneficiaries that they would be able to move toward being self-supporting and grounded in the gospel
· For the church planting efforts and spiritual ministries/training so that the gospel might spread.
· Pray for Elder and ACT spiritual leader Gizaw and his 3 sons as they grieve the loss of wife/mother Tenaye who passed away in January after a battle with cancer.