Serving in Huntingdon, PA
My name is Adrienne Willhoft and I was a member of City Reformed from 2013-2017, having moved to Pittsburgh when I began working for the CCO. I live now in Huntingdon, PA where I serve full-time at Juniata College as a campus minister. I spend my time discipling students, leading Bible studies and fellowship groups. When not at work you can find me doing almost any outdoor activity, drinking good coffee, and cooking creative and delicious food!
My ministry at Juniata College is varied and includes involvement in these areas:
- JCF: While not in an official partnership as described above, I work out of the Campus Ministry Office at Juniata and have an officially recognized position on campus, which is a gift! One of main pieces of my role is working with JCF (Juniata Christian Fellowship). JCF is a student group that meets weekly for fellowship, Bible studies and conversations about faith, and other activities.
- Student Discipleship: I also help support other students on campus leading Bible studies or faith-centered groups, and meet one-on-one with a number of different students for discipleship or mentoring.
- Basketball: This year I will be assisting with the women’s basketball team on campus for my second season. I was really grateful for the opportunity to join last year, build relationships with coaches and players, and help support the team with some of the experience I have with group dynamics, navigating conflict, teambuilding, and leadership development.
- Staff Care & Formation: Lastly, within the CCO more broadly I am excited to continue pursuing spaces this year to support our staff with spiritual formation opportunities and training.
Updated prayers and praises:
I am thankful to God for:
1. A good summer - very full, maybe more full than I originally would have thought or planned, but there were a lot of good things in there.
2. I had some vacation time with my family and a fun personal hiking trip along with our CCO summer conference week and two work trips this past month.
3. September 1, 2022 marked the beginning of my role as full-time campus minister at Juniata College.
Please pray for:
1. The officers from Juniata Christian Fellowship. Pray for connection time for them as a team and also helpful for starting the year off well in all the overwhelm that can entail.
2. Moving forward, the next several weeks are a lot of re-connecting, talking with students about discipleship, setting up rhythms and commitments - you can pray for discernment in who and what and where: how to best support various student groups/Bible studies on campus, which students to pursue about individual discipleship, and where to best invest time.
3. I'm also in the beginning planning stages with a CCO co-worker on a few different opportunities this year to invest in spiritual formation for our staff. We are thinking of offering a few different small groups for staff to have a space together to pursue their own relationship with the Lord, learn new spiritual practices, and have accountability and encouragement.
4. We're also brainstorming ideas on a retreat or trip for staff later in the year. Continuing to care for staff in that way is a deep desire of mine, so you can pray for those opportunities.